Tip 2 of 10 of “Tips and Tricks on Making a Will in Israel”: I made Aliyah but still have assets abroad. Can I cover all of my assets with one Will made in Israel?

Technically, yes, although on reaching the age of 120 your Israeli Will would then need to be probated in more than one jurisdiction, which can be a costly and bureaucratic procedure.

As a general rule, a person who owns assets in different countries or jurisdictions, is therefore advised to prepare a separate legal Will in each jurisdiction, in order to avoid unnecessary tax and other complications in the future. So, if my wife and I own assets in Israel but we still own assets in England and America, between us we should sign three separate wills: one in Israel and in the UK for me, and one in Israel and the US for my wife.

For further advice and assistance in making an Israeli or UK Will, feel free to contact Simon: 0737-40-60-40 / 0545-742-374 / simon@jacksonadvocates.net

By Simon Jackson

This post was written by .

Published .

Posted in: Tips & Tricks Series

Leave a Reply