This series of Tips and Tricks considers common issues that arise in the course of rental contract negotiations in Israel.
- Bearing in mind that most rental contracts in Israel tend to be landlord-weighted, what points should you, as a tenant, be wary of and consider negotiating?
- For which damages should the landlord be responsible?
- Should the tenant be required to contribute towards the landlord’s building insurance policy premium?
- Are two guarantors really needed to protect the landlord’s interests?
To read more on these and other commonly raised issues, choose from the topics below:
- Part 1 Tips 1-6 (absentee landlord, pre-signing property inspection, communicating with landlord by e-mail, rent in advance, option-to-renew, premature termination of lease by tenant).
- Part 2 Tips 7-12 (payment of ongoing vs. special expenses, maintenance of property, insurance, security deposit, signing of contract, how far to push the landlord in rental contract negotiations).