Several people recently asked me: What happens if I don’t make a Will?
There are at least 5 worrying answers to this question:
Without a properly drawn up Will:
- Your widow will receive only 50% of your assets – while the additional 50% will be distributed amongst your children (can you be sure 50% of your assets will cover all your widow’s needs?)
- You will not be able to appoint guardians to take care of your children, should you and your spouse die when your children are still young.
- Your heirs will need to file an application for a succession order – a procedure which is complicated and lengthy as compared to the much simpler procedure of applying for an order to probate a Will.
- You won’t be able to make bequests of specific items of monetary or sentimental value to your children or grandchildren (jewelry, books, various collections etc.)
- You won’t be able to enjoy the peace of mind of knowing that you’ve done everything possible to prevent arguments and rivalry amongst your children regarding your assets after you die.
For further advice and assistance in making an Israeli or UK Will, feel free to contact Simon: 0737-40-60-40 / 0545-742-374 / [email protected]